WHO ARE WE?
We are a group of unlike-minded individuals, living around the Moray Firth - and further, who want to make their own or joint way with creative thinking, practical skills and new or old technology to make innovative objects and devices. We aim to present this expertise via science festivals and workshops to help the public understanding of science and technology and to encourage community development using this knowledge.
Right now, we have just over thirty members and forty associates with growing resources and nowhere to put them but we are working on it. Our member's locations vary from Aberdeenshire to the Black Isle and from Perth but if we have a centre of gravity for the world map you could probably pin it in Forres at the moment. Our cyberselves meet on Facebook as the T-Exchange.
To grow a self-sustaining, open, community group with space for:
- the exchange of ideas and concepts
- the public sharing of knowledge, particularly scientific, technical and economic
- acquiring of both practical and theoretical skills
- briefings and workshops by specialists
- the stimulation of creative, even ingenious ideas
- facilitating experimental investigations through the provision of tools
- the design and prototyping of high added-value products
- stimulation of and support for entrepreneurial action
- a friendly, fun environment with lots of tea and coffee
i.e. Making challenging, interesting, if not always useful things.
The T-Exchange Constitution
Please use the CONTACT page to send an email or to leave a comment on the Guestbook link.
in case you were wondering,
The "T" stands for "Thinking", "Tenacity", "Technology", "Telecommunications", "Tools", "Talk", "Talent", "Tantrums" and the essential "Tea".
We aim to exchange all of these creatively.